KIDS as Planners – A Guide to Strengthening Students, Schools and Communities Through Service-Learning.
This popular guide, now in a revised and expanded third edition, provides teachers and school administrators with a road map for integrating service-learning into their classes and curriculum. By engaging students in real-world problem-solving, service-learning helps expand content knowledge, engage students and teachers, foster good citizenship, and meet the needs of diverse learners. This publication is appropriate for K-12 Educators, School Administrators,Pre-Service Faculty and Students, After-School and Summer Program Educators.
Based on the award-winning KIDS service-learning framework, this guide provides the background, tools, worksheets and resources teachers and administrators need to implement high-quality service-learning. Inside, you will find:
- A special chapter about getting started — entry points, community connections, curriculum mapping, and assessing student work
- Case studies and project examples
- Information about the benefits of service-learning
- Ideas for building a collaborative environment in the classroom
- Ways to engage students in authentic discovery of and research about real community problems/needs
- Replicable tools and resources for step by step project planning, implementation and evaluation
- How to reflect on and improve your service-learning practice…And much more…
Pricing: $34.95 plus shipping and handling (A 10% discount when 10 or more ordered!)
Methods of Payment: We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER Credit Cards. We also accept Purchase Orders.
Handling Fees for Third Party Shipping: A 25% handling fee will be included on all orders.